Come to Oyster Bay via Road, Rail OR Boat!
What’s the BEST way to visit Oyster Bay?
Via the Long Island Rail Road (LIRR) - with a discounted fare, additional trains added, and being dropped off in the middle of the festival carnival area- what’s not to love?
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
WHAT: The 35th Annual Oyster Festival
DATES: Saturday and Sunday, October 13 and 14, 2018
PLACE: On the Waterfront at Theodore Roosevelt Park, Oyster Bay, NY
TIME: 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Saturday, 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday
ADMISSION TO EVENT: free
Pet-free (service animals welcome)
50/50: Purchase your tickets: $10 each- Only 1,000 will be sold.
TRANSPORTATION: Visit by train, by car or by boat
More than 200,000 people are expected to attend the Festival over the course of the weekend. Please take the FREE shuttle buses into the village or taking the LIRR. The train stop is conveniently located at the entrance to the festival. mta.info/lirr/getaways/LongIsland/Oyster-Festival.htm
Limited handicapped parking will be available and
Handicapped shuttle buses are available.
INFORMATION HOTLINE: 516-628-1625
The 35th Annual Oyster Festival is a project of the Rotary of Oyster Bay
Be sure to:
Like us on Facebook @The Oyster Festival –
Oyster Bay, Long Island
Follow us on Twitter @TheOysterFest
The Long Island Rail Road is proud to annually serve as a major Oyster Festival sponsor.
Redeem your LIRR pass for three raw oysters or a ride down the giant slide.
Long Island Rail Road train service drops you off near the entrance to the festival:
Expanded Service from the Port Jefferson and Oyster Bay Branches
OYSTER BAY BRANCH
Park & Ride at: East Williston, Albertson, Roslyn, Greenvale, Glen Head, Sea Cliff, Glen Street,
Glen Cove or Locust Valley.
• Eastbound service (goes to the Festival). See the MTA Special Schedule for the
Oyster Bay Line, October 14 and 15.
• Westbound service (returning from the Festival) is available with departures
approximately every hour.
PORT JEFFERSON BRANCH
Park & Ride at: Port Jefferson, Stony Brook, St. James, Smithtown, Kings Park, Northport,
Greenlawn, Huntington or Cold Spring Harbor.
• Passengers on the Port Jefferson line can take the LIRR to the Syosset station where FREE
shuttle buses will take them to the Festival.
Check the LIRR time schedule for specific departure times from your station.
• Eastbound service (returning from the festival) from the Syosset station is available with
departures throughout the day.
For details on specific train times at all Oyster Bay & Port Jefferson stations, consult the Special
Oyster Bay Branch timetable and the Weekend Port Jefferson timetable go online to mta.info/
lirr/getaways/LongIsland/OysterFestival.htm or phone 1-718-217-LIRR.
Take advantage of FREE parking and FREE SHUTTLE BUS service. Parking in the village
of Oyster Bay is VERY limited. Park in officially designated parking lots for FREE shuttle bus
service to the Festival (listed below).
FROM THE LONG ISLAND EXPRESSWAY:
• Take the Long Island Expressway to Exit 41 North, Route 106N (toward Oyster Bay). Proceed
north on Route 106, cross 25A and continue toward the village. Signs will direct visitors to
parking areas for access to the FREE shuttle bus service that will take you to the waterfront.
FROM THE NORTH SHORE:
• Take the Northern State Parkway to Exit 35, Route 106N. Follow directions above to the village.
FROM THE SOUTH SHORE:
• Take Sunrise Highway to Route 135N (Seaford-Oyster Bay Expressway). Exit at end of ramp
to Route 25 in Woodbury, and continue heading west on Route 25 until you reach Jackson
Avenue. (Approximately one mile.) Turn right (north) on Jackson Avenue and proceed to
Syosset Long Island Rail Road station. Park for FREE and take the FREE shuttle bus to the
festival. Or continue north to Berry Hill Road (make a left turn) and take that to Oyster Bay.
VERY LIMITED PARKING IS AVAILABLE IN OYSTER BAY VILLAGE. FESTIVAL ORGANIZERS SUGGEST USING ANY OF THE FOUR FREE SATELLITE PARKING LOTS WITH FREE SHUTTLE BUS SERVICE INTO THE FESTIVAL LISTED BELOW.
Shuttle buses run from 11 a.m.-6:30 p.m. Saturday and from 11 a.m.-6:30 p.m. Sunday.
FREE PARKING AND FREE SHUTTLE BUS SERVICE AVAILABLE FROM:
• Syosset train station (parking permits not required) - Syosset (Oyster Bay Road - also known
as Jackson Avenue) and Underhill Boulevard, one-mile North of Jericho Turnpike (Route 25)
• Vernon School - Route 106 in East Norwich
• Mill Max Mfg Parking Lot - Route 106 in Oyster Bay*
• The Equestrian Center - Route 106 between Route 25A and Muttontown Road
• Center Island Beach - Bayville Avenue, Bayville
NEIGHBORHOOD BUS STOPS AND HANDICAP BUS STOPS
• Oyster Bay Boys and Girls Club, Berry Hill Road
• St. Dominic’s Church (church area)
• High School parking lot area
• Spring and West Main (only handicapped bus) - Handicap parking area
When you arrive in Oyster Bay Harbor call ahead to OB Marine Center 516-624-2400 = VHF 71 or
Sagamore Yacht Club 516-922-0555 = VHF 78A to reserve mooring or for further assistance